One of my favorite parts of the Foreclosure Buying 101 Webinar I host each month is the live demo of the RealtyTrac website.
It’s a bit like the couple times I’ve done live television segments. Both somewhat frightening and exhilarating at the same time as you are hoping you can talk and navigate the site simultaneously, and also hoping the site performance is optimal — as it is 99.99 percent of the time thanks to our crack team of developers and IT aficionados .
Nevertheless I was able to get through the last website demo without too much of a hitch — besides the fact that I started the webinar too early. That’s another reason we record these webinars!
Here is a list of some of the powerful (and dare I say fun) functionality available to RealtyTrac members that I covered during the most recent webinar. You can see this functionality in action on the recording of the webinar. The website demo starts at around the 20th minute.
- Stats & Trends: see foreclosure rates, historical foreclosure activity, foreclosure sales activity and average foreclosure discounts for any state, county, city or even zip code nationwide. I don’t spend as much time as I’d like on the demo, but you can see this feature demonstrated more fully in this Foreclosure Stats & Trends tutorial video.
- RealtyTrac Community: ask questions of other RealtyTrac users and see answers to other users’ questions about how foreclosures work and how to use the website. This feature is also demonstrated in this tutorial video.
- Map Search: view foreclosures, for-sale homes and recently sold homes on an interactive search map that allows you to zoom in and out and drag and drop to change location. For more on this feature, see this Foreclosure Map Search video.
- Property Email Alerts: find out instantly via email when information about a foreclosure property changes, including the foreclosure status, auction date, listing status and much more.
- Lender-Specific Search: one of our advanced search options is lender name, allowing you to find pre-foreclosure homes and bank-owned homes associated with a specific lender. Other advanced search options include property type, beds, baths, square footage, lot size, year built and estimated equity. View a video demo of the lender-specific search.
- Foreclosure-MLS Match: quickly identify which foreclosure properties are listed for sale with a real estate agent and which are not by sorting the search results by listing status. Other search results sorting options include listing status, equity, beds, baths, square footage, auction date and opening bid. For more on this feature, view this video A Shortcut to Buying Foreclosures.
- Bank Hot Properties: make non-binding online offers on bank-owned properties listed on RealtyTrac with two clicks. These Bank Hot Properties are listed under the Bank-Owned tab on the search results.
Sign up for a RealtyTrac free trial subscription for full access to foreclosure homes nationwide.